This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Review of --enable-gold=both patch
- From: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- To: Matthias Klose <doko at ubuntu dot com>
- Cc: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>, Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>, Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 14:31:43 +0100
- Subject: Re: Review of --enable-gold=both patch
- References: <4C27E695.email@example.com> <4C286200.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <4C2886C7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C28CA2A.email@example.com> <4C28CE9C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C28D9F1.email@example.com> <4CC83135.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CCA91ED.email@example.com> <4CCAE033.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CCAE45F.email@example.com> <4CDB3413.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CEBB272.email@example.com> <4CEBC0F4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Nov 23, 2010, at 2:26 PM, Matthias Klose wrote:
> On 23.11.2010 13:24, Nick Clifton wrote:
>> Hi Matthias,
>> [Sorry about the delay in replying - I am in a bit of a muddle right now].
>>> The attached patch implements this proposal, tested the combinations
>>> above, and disabling ld without gold (leading to an error).
>>> I did choose to always install the bfd linker as ld.bfd and the gold
>>> linker as ld.gold, and pointing the link to one of the above.
>>> Nick, is this ok with you?
>> Yes, it is fine. Thanks for doing this.
> checked in in gcc as r167076. Nick, Tristan, could you check it into binutils trunk and branch?
Ok for the branch if you have the OK for the trunk. Would be nice to have coherent configure options!