This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [committed] Ignore --with-dwarf2 option on 32-bit hppa*-*-hpux*
- From: John David Anglin <dave at hiauly1 dot hia dot nrc dot ca>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 21:07:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: [committed] Ignore --with-dwarf2 option on 32-bit hppa*-*-hpux*
- References: <20101121214902.A86B74DA1@hiauly1.hia.nrc.ca> <4CE9CA59.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: John David Anglin <dave dot anglin at nrc-cnrc dot gc dot ca>
On Mon, 22 Nov 2010, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> The patch is not okay.
> First, because I think it is not a problem if the build fails. There are
> surely other targets that fail in the same way.
I suspect AIX fails the same way but I don't understand the logic
as there are other similar tests in configure.
> Second, because if anywhere the right place to put this is in config.gcc
> rather than by adding a new case $target statement. I wouldn't complain if
> it was placed there.
I will try this approach.
J. David Anglin firstname.lastname@example.org
National Research Council of Canada (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)