This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Add HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP to the i386-elf gcc target
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Marc Jones <marcj303 at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 01:15:48 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Add HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP to the i386-elf gcc target
- References: <AANLkTi=cZvd7-4-P4WTfAMtULW7Xs2Rm21mc3mC9n=7A@mail.gmail.com>
I think we should just enable HANDLE_PRAGMA_PACK_PUSH_POP unconditionally.
That eliminates a target macro - one used in front ends, where we would
particularly like to eliminate them - and simplifies the testsuite (no
need for tests of this pragma to be conditional), as well as improving
portability of code between supported targets; I don't see any reason to
restrict this feature to some targets only. This in turn obsoletes
HANDLE_SYSV_PRAGMA as well (the documentation claiming it also affects
#pragma weak is wrong), so two target macros can die.
Joseph S. Myers