This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, pr31490] Fix section type error.
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dtemirbulatov at gmail dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 11:24:15 -0800
- Subject: Re: [patch, pr31490] Fix section type error.
- References: <201011171818.oAHIIeE05221@lucas.cup.hp.com> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: sje at cup dot hp dot com
On Wed, 2010-11-17 at 10:40 -0800, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> The patch is still OK but I would still like the comment to be extended.
> Your extended comment says what the code does. That is unnecessary--I
> can see what it does. I would like the comment to say why it does that.
How about this:
/* Here the reloc_rw_mask is not testing whether the section should
be read-only or not, but whether the dynamic link will have to
do something. If so, we wish to segregate the data in order to
minimize cache misses inside the dynamic linker. If the data
has a section attribute, ignore reloc_rw_mask() so that all data
in a given named section is catagorized in the same way. */