This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Add libquadmath - and use it in gfortran (round SIX)
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot org>
- To: FX <fxcoudert at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Tobias Burnus <tobias dot burnus at physik dot fu-berlin dot de>, Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:39:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Add libquadmath - and use it in gfortran (round SIX)
- References: <20101116081131.GA22569@physik.fu-berlin.de> <67E9FBDD-97E7-4F67-B8B0-E09ADBCC834A@gmail.com>
I think this question can be better answered by either FX (François-Xaver
Coudert) or by the GCC steering committee.
There's not much I can add to what Tobias has quoted. Toon, or someone else from the SC,
may want to confirm in a public mail that we're in the clear.
The libquadmath library has to be under the LGPL because the code FX
derived it from (in glibc) was donated to the FSF by its author for
distribution under the LGPL.
RMS confirmed that it would be OK - as long as libquadmath is
distributed with GCC under the LGPL and in a separate library (Tobias
quoted this text).
I hope this clarifies.
Toon Moene - e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
At home: http://moene.org/~toon/; weather: http://moene.org/~hirlam/
Progress of GNU Fortran: http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GFortran#news