This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] IPA and LTO updates
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 15:16:49 +0100
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] IPA and LTO updates
- References: <20101114170056.GA9459@kam.mff.cuni.cz> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Jan Hubicka <email@example.com> writes:
> > ! by default the serial LTO optimization model. Link time optimization
> > ! can now split itself into multiple parallel complications. The parallelizm
> > ! is controlled using using <tt>-flto=</tt><em>n</em> (where
> > ! <em>n</em> specify number of parallel compilations to execute. GCC
> > ! can also cooperate with GNU make job server
> > ! by specifying <tt>-flto=jobserv</tt> option and adding
> > <tt>+</tt> in the
> It's -flto=jobserver isn't it? (unless you renamed it recently)
It is, thanks ;)
BTW, it would be nice to add the autodetection of jobserver. It is something you plan to look
into or should I figure out what environent vars to test?
> firstname.lastname@example.org -- Speaking for myself only.