This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PING*4] add support for dwarf AT_GNU_descriptive_type
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, brobecker at adacore dot com, guitton at adacore dot com
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 13:49:40 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PING*4] add support for dwarf AT_GNU_descriptive_type
- References: <20100902143849.GA23684@cardhu.act-europe.fr> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4CD9B469.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Eric Botcazou wrote:
I'm interested in seeing the DWARF which is generated for the specific
example and what would be generated with the patch.
You can already see it with unpatched GNAT compilers; the only missing thing
is the DW_AT_GNU_descriptive_type that links a type to the additional types
generated to encode its debug info.
I don't have time (or interest) in building an ada
compiler with and without a patch and reproducing
some one else's test case.
Michael Eager email@example.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077