This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Ada] Improve a few comments
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 13:05:29 +0100
- Subject: [Ada] Improve a few comments
This removes the (hopefully) last reference to the old gigi abort codes.
Tested on i586-suse-linux, applied on the mainline.
2010-11-09 Eric Botcazou <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* gcc-interface/utils.c (save_gnu_tree): Improve comments.
--- gcc-interface/utils.c (revision 166445)
+++ gcc-interface/utils.c (working copy)
@@ -215,17 +215,17 @@ init_gnat_to_gnu (void)
associate_gnat_to_gnu = ggc_alloc_cleared_vec_tree (max_gnat_nodes);
-/* GNAT_ENTITY is a GNAT tree node for an entity. GNU_DECL is the GCC tree
- which is to be associated with GNAT_ENTITY. Such GCC tree node is always
- a ..._DECL node. If NO_CHECK is true, the latter check is suppressed.
+/* GNAT_ENTITY is a GNAT tree node for an entity. Associate GNU_DECL, a GCC
+ tree node, with GNAT_ENTITY. If GNU_DECL is not a ..._DECL node, abort.
+ If NO_CHECK is true, the latter check is suppressed.
- If GNU_DECL is zero, a previous association is to be reset. */
+ If GNU_DECL is zero, reset a previous association. */
save_gnu_tree (Entity_Id gnat_entity, tree gnu_decl, bool no_check)
/* Check that GNAT_ENTITY is not already defined and that it is being set
- to something which is a decl. Raise gigi 401 if not. Usually, this
+ to something which is a decl. If that is not the case, this usually
means GNAT_ENTITY is defined twice, but occasionally is due to some
Gigi problem. */
@@ -235,9 +235,8 @@ save_gnu_tree (Entity_Id gnat_entity, tr
SET_GNU_TREE (gnat_entity, gnu_decl);
-/* GNAT_ENTITY is a GNAT tree node for a defining identifier.
- Return the ..._DECL node that was associated with it. If there is no tree
- node associated with GNAT_ENTITY, abort.
+/* GNAT_ENTITY is a GNAT tree node for an entity. Return the GCC tree node
+ that was associated with it. If there is no such tree node, abort.
In some cases, such as delayed elaboration or expressions that need to
be elaborated only once, GNAT_ENTITY is really not an entity. */