This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, LIBSTDC++] Fix type_info equivalence test.
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 11:53:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, LIBSTDC++] Fix type_info equivalence test.
- References: <000201cb7ffa$ede48880$c9ad9980$@email@example.com>
On 11/09/2010 11:43 AM, Marcus Shawcroft wrote:
> The attached patch fixes the failure of g++.dg/abi/local1.C observed on ARM
> linux-gnueabi. The type_info::operator== implementation obtains the type
> names for comparison by calling name(). The implementation of name() strips
> the leading '*' prefix if present. The '*' prefix marker is emitted by gcc
> to force a pointer comparison. This patch replaces relevant name() call with
> a direct reference to __name to ensure the prefix if any is visible.
The patch makes sense to me, but I think we should make sure that the
actual authors of that code and logic have a look and double check it:
can you please review the ChangeLog and in case add some CCs?