This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran] PR46331 Compilation time long with simple function in array constructor
- From: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- To: Mikael Morin <mikael dot morin at sfr dot fr>
- Cc: fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jerry DeLisle <jvdelisle at frontier dot com>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 13:52:07 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran] PR46331 Compilation time long with simple function in array constructor
- References: <4CD76320.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On 11/08/2010 01:13 PM, Mikael Morin wrote:
PS: Is it expected that the and/or/xor procedures are marked as CLASS_IMPURE
The CLASS_* names come from the Fortran standard (where the term
"impure" is a F2008 addition). Well, looking at the standard you find:
13.7.10 ALL (MASK [, DIM])
Class. Transformational function.
The procedures "OR" and "XOR" are GNU extensions; the manual does not
tell which kind of functions they are, but the standard Fortran "IOR"
and "IEOR", which are the Fortran-standard replacements, are "elemental
functions". If one changes OR and XOR to elemental, one also needs to
update the documentation, cf.