This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch i386 windows]: Fix weak-symbol support for 64-bit windows target
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Kai Tietz <ktietz70 at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 09:25:29 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch i386 windows]: Fix weak-symbol support for 64-bit windows target
- References: <AANLkTi=rJxjySPDq8DNud07FvKGDp9ObkB+Aj5xLjd2firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/04/2010 07:29 AM, Kai Tietz wrote:
> This patch fixes the handling of weak symbols for 64-bit windows
> pe-coff target and providing same feature as for 32-bit pe-coff
> windows targets. As this target has set
> the pic-flag, but pe-coff doesn't support GOT table, some trickery was
> necessary to avoid the emitting
> of GOT table dereferencing for this target.
I think you'd better explain how weak symbols work for x64-pe.
At minimum abusing the name GOTPCREL and failing to de-reference
suggests that you should be abusing a different name that's more
suggestive of the actual operation.