This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping: RFA (build): Avoid circular dependency
- From: "Nathanael Nerode (GCC)" <ncn_gcc10 at fastmail dot fm>
- To: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at spamcop dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 09:11:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: Ping: RFA (build): Avoid circular dependency
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/04/2010 09:08 AM, Joern Rennecke wrote:
> Quoting Joern Rennecke <email@example.com>:
>> Because of PR44719, I grepped my build log for more odd make messages.
>> I've found this:
>> make: Circular s-tm-texi <- ../../gcc/gcc/doc/tm.texi dependency
> This is still relevant as of revision 166238, and the patch also applies
> cleanly to that version and fixes the issue.
> See also the discussion in the comments to PR45888.
> bootstrapped and regtested on i686-pc-linux-gnu.
Looks fine to me. But I'll leave it to someone else to approve it: I
don't approve of checking in any documentation under the GFDL, so I
don't feel comfortable approving a patch which touches anything related
to said documentation.