This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New optimization for reload_combine
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 21:06:23 -0700
- Subject: Re: New optimization for reload_combine
- References: <4C4035C3.email@example.com> <4C40A5BD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C40F005.email@example.com> <AANLkTimnDbQ0XEbp-CLFUwQiJTX9OwTN9YvfczoxsPsp@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM, H.J. Lu <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Bernd Schmidt <email@example.com> wrote:
>> On 07/16/2010 08:32 PM, Jeff Law wrote:
>>> We're probably not talking about a huge issue, but we might as well take
>>> the more compact packing when we can get it.
>>> Otherwise it looks fine. ?Pre-approved after juggling the structure orders.
>> Yay. ?Thanks!
>> Here's the variant that I committed. ?It's a good thing Paolo made a
>> suggestion, as that exposed a new bootstrap failure - we really mustn't
>> move a stack pointer adjust.
> This caused:
This also caused: