This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch,Fortran] PR 40580 - add -fcheck=pointer for some actual argument checks
- From: Craig Powers <enigma at hal-pc dot org>
- To: gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>, gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 20:05:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Patch,Fortran] PR 40580 - add -fcheck=pointer for some actual argument checks
- References: <4A491CAE.email@example.com>
Tobias Burnus wrote:
PS: The patch contains two other small changes; one to *def is trivial
and one to *.texi brings the words closer to the standard and describes
better what is actually done (e.g. copy-in/out is not really call by
reference, though the effect is [almost] the same).
+call-by-value by default while Fortran behaves usually similar to
+call-by-reference" Furthermore, strings and pointers are handled
One trivial typo: there's a '"' where there should be a '.'.
One wording quibble: I think I would make it,
...while Fortran behavior is usually...