This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch] Factor self-referential size trees into functions
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 12:34:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Factor self-referential size trees into functions
- References: <email@example.com> <4A487DA6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> A nit: I don't like find_substitute_in_expr being in tree.c and I don't
> like its name.
It's the natural place though, alongside the related substitute_in_expr and
substitute_placeholder_in_expr. As for the name, find_placeholder_in_expr
would probably be better indeed.
> Also, maybe you want the function to be named SZ.%d instead of SZ%d just
> for clarity in the gimple outputs with functions named SZ%d by the user
> (you never know -- though maybe Ada functions are mangled?)
These are not Ada functions, but they are uniquized by get_file_function_name.
> If I understand the patch correctly, this is a one-liner and could be
> submitted separately (personally, I would have no problem if the rest of
> the patch was approved by an Ada maintainer, or if you just went ahead
> and committed it).
No, it's not a one-liner, several places are touched.
> Roughly, what is the asymptotic complexity of multiple levels of
> discriminated types?
In terms of what?
> Would this patch help with problems like the one you recently posted a patch
> for? (Just two curiosities).
Sorry, which patch exactly?