This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Ping][PATCH, Updated] Hookize FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Anatoly Sokolov <aesok at post dot ru>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 16:49:12 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Ping][PATCH, Updated] Hookize FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED
- References: <email@example.com>
On 06/21/2009 07:52 AM, Anatoly Sokolov wrote:
This patch turns FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED macro into a hook.
The changes for the moxie target is added and the fr30 target is tested now.
The patch has been bootstrapped on and regression tested on:
Regression tested on:
I don't have the opportunity to test this patch on arc, crx, moxie, mcore,
score and vax target.
Ok for mainline?
(1) All of the functions that are just cfun->calls_alloca aren't needed.
GCC automatically forces a frame pointer for alloca.
(2) The mcore definition of CAN_ELIMINATE (which you exported to a
function) uses a version of FRAME_POINTER_REQUIRED that's always
false. This can obviously be simplified.
(3) Missed static at definition of avr_frame_pointer_required_p.
Ok with those changes.