This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- From: Arnaud Charlet <charlet at adacore dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Rainer Orth <ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Samuel Tardieu <sam at rfc1149 dot net>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 10:18:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][Ada][PING] Use timeout for ACATS when available
- References: <1242239500.20334.85.camel@localhost> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <20090514061757.GA9903@adacore.com> <1242282916.20334.98.camel@localhost> <1243344417.6098.221.camel@localhost> <1245335440.26323.275.camel@localhost> <yddskhq6hqy.fsf@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <1245831266.4922.91.camel@localhost>
> Anyway, this 2004 patch hasn't been approved by Ada maintainers
> any more than my patch so we have to live with local patches for a while
I've reconsidered since then, and as I told you on your patch submission,
the 2004 patch now does look reasonable to me.
In 2004, we didn't have any expect based Ada test suite, so requiring expect
looked like an additional unnecessary burden to me. Since then, we've introduced
a complete Ada test suite based on expect, so there's no additional burden
The patch needs to be updated and retested, so I'd suggest doing so and
resend an updated patch submission, which I'll then approve if nothing
unexpected shows up on your testing.