This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: -Wc++-compat warning about duplicate decls
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 21:00:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: -Wc++-compat warning about duplicate decls
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
In C, it's OK to write
In C++, it is not. This patch adds a -Wc++-compat warning for this
case. This patch requires approval from the C frontend maintainers.
shouldn't this in any case generate a warning in C, how can
it be useful to do this, regardless of C++ compatibility.