This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] prevent breakage of eh call/return@ assumption on hppa
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, hainque at adacore dot com
- Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 14:23:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] prevent breakage of eh call/return@ assumption on hppa
- References: <20090427084506.GA4864@cardhu.act-europe.fr> <4A3AB439.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Richard Henderson wrote:
> Instead of triggering this on call-frame information, trigger it on
> can_throw_internal(call_insn) || can_throw_external(call_insn)
> Though I suppose we could introduce a cheaper predicate that tests both,
> at present almost everything in the compiler only really cares about the
> former test.
And a cheaper predicate is not required here, as we're in a
straight linear code sequence only reached in very rare situations so
there's really no super-efficiency concern.
Will commit the adjusted version when re-testing finishes.
Thanks for your review :)