This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE with __builtin_unreachable() as only statement in a function.
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at caviumnetworks dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 13:14:33 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix ICE with __builtin_unreachable() as only statement in a function.
- References: <4A37E1EE.email@example.com> <4A389C52.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Paolo Bonzini<email@example.com> wrote:
> David Daney wrote:
>> This patch fixed an ICE I found doing additional __builtin_unreachable()
>> If __builtin_unreachable() is the only statement in a function, the
>> resulting barrier will be the first non-note insn when doing barrier
>> cleanup. ?This causes SIGSEGV in cleanup_barriers. ?The fix is to check for
>> NULL before dereferencing.
> I think the comment is overkill here. ?If somebody wonders what it's for,
> svn blame plus the testcase will be more than enough to point him in the
> right direction.
The patch is ok w/o the comment.