This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Patch committed: Don't declare externally visible functions inline
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 16 Jun 2009 09:50:57 -0700
- Subject: Patch committed: Don't declare externally visible functions inline
In C++ and C99, when a function is declared inline, it is not visible
outside the file. In GNU89, it is visible. There are a few places
where gcc relies on GNU89 semantics. This is undesirable for both C++
and C99. With the current compiler heuristics, there is little
benefit to explicitly declaring an externally visible function as
inline. This patch removes the inline from those functions.
This patch also removes a useless duplicate definition of
sched_scan_info in haifa-sched.c.
Bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu. Committed.
2009-06-16 Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* bitmap.c (bitmap_clear): Don't declare as inline.
* gimple.c (gimplify_assign): Likewise.
* tree-ssa-sccvn.c (vn_nary_op_compute_hash): Likewise.
* haifa-sched.c (insn_cost): Don't declare with HAIFA_INLINE.
(sched_scan_info): Remove duplicate definition.
<#part type="text/x-patch" filename="~/foo.patch" disposition=inline description="Don't declare inline functions">