This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix recent -gdwarf-2 failures
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 06:08:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix recent -gdwarf-2 failures
- References: <20090615023234.GA16286@hungry-tiger.westford.ibm.com>
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:32 AM, Michael
> Richard Henderson's change on June 11th breaks the testsuite for targets
> supporting -gdwarf-2, since gcc-dg.exp tries to create -gdwarf-21 and
> -gdwarf-23 options, which are now flagged as illegal. ?This patch prevents the
> testsuite from adding the debug level option to -gdwarf-2, but it does add it
> to the other options. ?I did try to make the code pass -gdwarf-2 -g1 as
> suggested by Richard in the patch, but several of the tests fail. ?If we want
> to support setting the debug level, we either need to fix the compiler so that
> -gdwarf-2 -g1 works, or we need to add another option, such as -gdebug-level=1.
> Is this patch ok for the mainline?
There is also this pending patch:
Maybe you can have a look and OK it?