This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add new built-in: __builtin_unreachable()
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: David Daney <ddaney at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 17:56:08 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add new built-in: __builtin_unreachable()
- References: <4A26C3EF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> The new __builtin_unreachable() is meant to be placed directly after
> an asm that never returns. I cannot think of any other valid uses for
gcc_unreachable and gcc_assert are obvious candidates.