This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch][plugin] Fix bug in pass insertion
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- To: Olatunji Ruwase <tjruwase at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:44:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch][plugin] Fix bug in pass insertion
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 17:38, Olatunji Ruwase<email@example.com> wrote:
> ÂThe attached patch fixes a bug that could result in a plugin pass
> being inserted multiple times, even though it
> Âwas specified to inserted only once.Â Also included is a testcase for this bug.
> ÂThis bug occurs when plugin pass A that is to be inserted after gcc
> pass B have the same name.
> 2009-06-04Â Olatunji RuwaseÂÂÂÂ <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ * plugin.c(position_pass): Skip newly inserted pass during list
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ traversal to avoid repeated insertion.
> 2009-06-04Â Olatunji RuwaseÂÂ <email@example.com>
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ * gcc.dg/plugin/one_time_plugin.
Blank line after date.
> c New test to detect multiple
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ insertions of a plugin pass.
No need to explain what the test does in a ChangeLog entry. Just 'New
test' is fine.
> ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ * gcc.dg/plugin/one_time-test-1.c New test case
End sentence with '.'
The rest is OK with Rafael's suggestions. Do you have write access to