This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta, trunk?] declare frame decls for nested functions in the binding blocks
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, iant at google dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 03:17:11 -0300
- Subject: Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta, trunk?] declare frame decls for nested functions in the binding blocks
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A270D7C.email@example.com>
On Jun 3, 2009, Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> * tree-nested.c (finalize_nesting_tree_1): Declare the
>> frame_decl in the binding tree.
> Ok, but like Ian I wish you could come up with a test case.
Thanks. I'll go ahead and check the patch in, for it will make it
(slightly) easier for me to prepare the VTA patch, but I promise to
report back on a testcase to trigger the problem.
So far I tried some cases of nested functions and tried a bootstrap on
x86 _32 and _64 on the VTA branch minus the patch, to no avail. I'll
have to bring ia64 back to a bootstrap-debug-able state to give that one
a try, and I still haven't been recovered from a ppc hardware failure
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist Red Hat Brazil Compiler Engineer