This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Libffi merge [Was Re: [patch] powerpc libffi Net/FreeBSD ]
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: Anthony Green <green at moxielogic dot com>
- Cc: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>, Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>, Andreas Tobler <andreast-list at fgznet dot ch>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Java Patches <java-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, libffi-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 15:01:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: Libffi merge [Was Re: [patch] powerpc libffi Net/FreeBSD ]
- References: <4A256DDD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A25C34C.email@example.com> <4A2644EC.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4A266750.email@example.com>
Anthony Green wrote:
> Andrew Haley wrote:
>> Questions for Anthony Green:
>> 1. I don't understand the libffi version numbers. Can you give
>> me any explanations? It seems to be 3.0.8 upstream but 2.1 in gcc,
>> but this doesn't seem in any way to correspond with reality.
> Configury like this just hasn't been merged back into GCC. The version
> number in GCC is mostly irrelevant as GCC doesn't install libffi; it is
> simply incorporated in its entirety into libgcj.
It may not be supposed to, but GCC HEAD currently does (for me at any rate)