This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta/trunk?] bootstrap-compare everything, not just gcc
- From: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 20:16:02 -0300
- Subject: Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta/trunk?] bootstrap-compare everything, not just gcc
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4A2403F0.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 1, 2009, Paolo Bonzini <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Is it too late to make this kind of change for 4.3?
>> Oh, yes, absolutely, *way* too late now ;-)
>> Ping? Ok for trunk?
> You don't need approval for trunk, do you? :-)
I shouldn't, but I got all insecure after the mess I made the other day
Now, seriously, I am indeed entitled to check in build machinery changes
without supervision, but this patch, although it only touched build
machinery files I'm entitled to modify, was more than just a tweak in
build machinery, it changed policies. So I figured I'd ask for buy-in.
Was I overzealous?
Alexandre Oliva, freedom fighter http://FSFLA.org/~lxoliva/
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Gandhi
Be Free! -- http://FSFLA.org/ FSF Latin America board member
Free Software Evangelist Red Hat Brazil Compiler Engineer