This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta,vta4.3,trunk?] defer computation of DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME in dwarf2out
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:14:45 +0200
- Subject: Re: [trunk<-vta] Re: [vta,vta4.3,trunk?] defer computation of DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME in dwarf2out
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2008, Alexandre Oliva <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Another issue that came up in -fcompare-debug dumps. ?A symbol whose
>> assembler name didn't get computed when compiling without debug info
>> had it computed when compiling with debug info. ?In C++, computing the
>> assembler name sometimes causes templates to be instantiated, because
>> of mangling. ?This is Bad (TM): debug info shouldn't ever affect
>> template instantiation. ?This patch fixes it.
> Ok for trunk?
Please coordinate with LTO folks (and I'd like to hear C++ maintainer
opinions). ISTR LTO has similar issues with DECL_ASSEMBLER_NAME.