This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/38089: g++ crash on invalid code
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Simon Martin <simartin at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:04:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR c++/38089: g++ crash on invalid code
- References: <4A242408.email@example.com>
Simon Martin wrote:
> The attached patch fixes this by setting the specialization's
> DECL_CONTEXT simply to the template's DECL_CONTEXT. The code has been
> like this since the beginning (i.e. when it was added, in 3.4.2, to fix
> PR 16224), but it looks wrong (in case there's some tricky case I don't
> see and it's correct, returning error_mark_node also fixes the PR...).
> :ADDPATCH c++:
It's possible that this will lead to some other odd crash somehow. If
it does, the right response is probably going to be to completely
discard the specialization. But, let's try your approach.
(650) 331-3385 x713