This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PATCH RFA: Add extern "C" to libcpp header files
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <dosreis at gmail dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 04:52:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: PATCH RFA: Add extern "C" to libcpp header files
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: gdr at integrable-solutions dot net
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 10:39 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch adds extern "C" to the header files in libcpp. ?This is a
> stage toward enabling builds with C++. ?My present plan is to have gcc
> be built using a C++ compiler but libcpp be built with a C compiler. ?In
> the future, libcpp will probably move to a C++ compiler as well. ?It may
> or may not be desirable to retain a C interface even when libcpp is
> built with a C++ compiler; I don't know.
I would be a really good thing to retain that ability for the mid-term.
We may want to revisit that in 4.7 timeframe.