This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gcc-in-cxx] Remove extern "C" from libdecnumber
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 14:37:24 +1000
- Subject: Re: [gcc-in-cxx] Remove extern "C" from libdecnumber
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 2009-05-29 at 22:36 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > We already make local changes to libdecnumber as needed; I don't see a
> > particular problem with doing so here, along with sending the fix
> > upstream, since it seems clear that the correct fix is adding extern "C"
> > to libdecnumber.
> OK. Ben, what is the procedure for sending libdecnumber patches
> upstream? (Perhaps we should introduce libdecnumber/README or
There is not really an upstream--there is no other repository of the
source code that could receive GPL patches. For bugs that can be
described with a test case, we can get those. For mechanical changes
like extern "C", just go ahead and commit them locally and I will manage
them with any future import.