This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: _Unwind_GetIPInfo Redux: Patch for PR target/27880
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Paolo Carlini" <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "Steve Ellcey" <sje at cup dot hp dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 00:48:23 -0800
- Subject: Re: _Unwind_GetIPInfo Redux: Patch for PR target/27880
- References: <200810272023.m9RKNiF01778@lucas.cup.hp.com> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:57 PM, Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> and first many thanks for working on this issue.
>> You were discussing issues about cross configuration a while back
>> and config tests that do link tests when building libstdc++.
>> GCC_CHECK_UNWIND_GETIPINFO is one of those tests and the patch
>> is my attempt to address this issue while also fixing PR target/27880
>> which is on the 4.4 serious regression list. Do either of you have an
>> opinion on the approach I have taken? It is not ideal but I don't have
>> any better ideas on how to handle it.
> As far as I understand the rationale and the actual implementation of
> your patch I like it and consider it a big improvement compared to the
> current situation.
> If/when the patch will be applied, you should also change
> libstdc++/configure.ac, moving GCC_CHECK_UNWIND_GETIPINFO ouside the
> block if $GLIBCXX_IS_NATIVE, before it, thus run unconditionally. This
> additional change is pre-approved.
This causes libstdc++ on darwin 8.11 to contain a reference to
_Unwind_GetIPInfo which is incorrect. libgcc in Darwin 8.11 does not
contain _Unwind_GetIPInfo (only 9 and above).