This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] RFC: PR fortran/37779, diagnose "missing" recursive
- From: dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr (Dominique Dhumieres)
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: d at domob dot eu, fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 16:26:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] RFC: PR fortran/37779, diagnose "missing" recursive
> ... I converted the warnings back to errors as suggested by Paul and Tobias ...
I am reluctant to throw errors on valid codes how dubious they can be:
call bar(foo) inside foo is valid as long foo is not called inside bar even
if it is probably useless. As suggested by Daniel on IRC, I would prefer a warning.
If some people want an error, they can use -Werror.
PS the patch works as expected without regression on intel/darwin9.