This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [dwarf4][patch] New branch for comdat type info and other DWARF-4 extensions
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: "Cary Coutant" <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 15:21:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [dwarf4][patch] New branch for comdat type info and other DWARF-4 extensions
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Cary Coutant <email@example.com> wrote:
> If no one objects, I'd like to create a new "dwarf4" branch off the
> mainline so that I and others who may want to can continue development
> of new DWARF-4 features.
Branch creation is free for all IIRC so you don't need to worry about
objections at all.
This was done so people could develop their patches in public and get
feedback right away before having to go back and rewrite all of it.