This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] PR c++/27574 (PING)
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 07:41:18 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] PR c++/27574 (PING)
- References: <48DD597D.email@example.com> <490F7844.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4910BABB.email@example.com>
> Please find attached a reworked patch that merges the two previous
* cgraph.h: New abstract_and_needed member to struct cgraph_node.
* cgraphunit.c (cgraph_analyze_functions): Flag abstract functions
- which clones are reachable - as "abstract and needed".
* cgraph.c (cgraph_release_function_body): If a node is "abstract and
do not release its DECL_INITIAL() content because that will be needed
Lines are too long. And never use "because" in a ChangeLog entry as it should
only describe the "what", not the "why". The "why" should be in the sources.