This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: patch for PR37397
- From: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>
- To: Vladimir Makarov <vmakarov at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kenneth Zadeck <Kenneth dot Zadeck at NaturalBridge dot com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:17:43 -0700
- Subject: Re: RFA: patch for PR37397
- References: <49187CDD.email@example.com>
Vladimir Makarov wrote:
This patch improves SPEC benchmarks. I saw stable improvements on
x86/x86_64 and ppc. This patch implements a small trick mentioned in
one classical article by Chaitin etc (Register allocation and spilling
via graph coloring). There is no sense to spill pseudo in whose live
range nothing is dying because the spill will not make other allocnos
colorable and additional reloads for the corresponding pseudo will be
generated in reload pass for each insn it occurs.OK. Good find.
Is it ok to commit?