This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto][patch] Move the call to execute_all_ipa_transforms to cgraphunit.c
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Rafael Espindola <espindola at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:37:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: [lto][patch] Move the call to execute_all_ipa_transforms to cgraphunit.c
- References: <email@example.com>
we definitly should have nothrow IPA pass same as we do for const/pure
call discovery. However in current implementation
pass_set_nothrow_functoin_flags is RTL pass done at late compilation
and pass_execute_fixup_cfg exists there precisely to fixup function
bodies after this pass being executed on callees (we compile in
topological order) and also to cleanup after other passes, such as
pure/const discovery that does not update themselves.
(today pure/const passes probably could do the job in their transform
hooks, but on the other hand it is practical to couple all the cleanup
work to single pass)
How this picture change in LTO? I would expect that RTL compilation
queue is pretty much unchanged.