This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFC] BB vectorizer and vectorizer reorganization
- From: Dorit Nuzman <DORIT at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Ira Rosen <IRAR at il dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 18:26:54 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] BB vectorizer and vectorizer reorganization
Ian Lance Taylor <email@example.com> wrote on 11/11/2008 17:45:29:
> Ira Rosen <IRAR@il.ibm.com> writes:
> > - We'll introduce a new flag -fbb-vectorize, that we plan to turn on by
> > default when -ftree-vectorize is set.
> I think it's a great idea but I think the name of the option is rather
> obscure for users. Sorry to paint the bikeshed, but why not
I think one concern was that our bb-vectorizer implements a different
algorithm than the one proposed by the SLP folks... but you are right that
vectorization of non-loop / straight-line code is better known as "SLP".
> (If you want something which is only for developers but not for users,
> use a --param.)