This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 4.3/4.4 PATCH: Fix Solaris/x86 bootstrap with Sun ld (PR bootstrap/33100)
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Rainer Orth <ro at techfak dot uni-bielefeld dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2008 10:31:26 -0800
- Subject: Re: 4.3/4.4 PATCH: Fix Solaris/x86 bootstrap with Sun ld (PR bootstrap/33100)
- References: <18671.26770.804364.445962@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE> <email@example.com> <18705.54181.858026.33670@manam.TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Rainer Orth <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> As I suggested in the original patch submission, it should be possible to
> move the inclusion of i386/t-crtstuff to libgcc/configure.ac and make it
> conditional on a linker test there. This way, only systems with broken Sun
> linkers would be penalized. I could well try that approach, since it's
> certainly cleaner and doesn't break unwind information on recent Solaris 11
> where we don't have to. What do you think?
I think it's up to you. You can also just split the config.gcc test
on the solaris version number.
>> I'll approve this patch for mainline and 4.3 branch.
> What about the 4.2 branch? As I mentioned, the patch is needed there, too,
> and I've successfully bootstrapped on i386-pc-solaris2.10. Unfortunately,
> the cleaner approach outlined above isn't available here since there's no
> separate libgcc with it's own configure, so I fear it's either this hack or
> leave that branch broken.
OK for 4.2 branch also.