This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Make ARM use UNSPECs instead of complicated CONSTs
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>, nickc at redhat dot com
- Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 15:11:24 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFA: Make ARM use UNSPECs instead of complicated CONSTs
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Friday 10 October 2008, Richard Sandiford wrote:
> This patch makes the arm port use UNSPECs instead of things like
> (const (minus ...)). It's part of my ongoing quest to enforce
> a grammar for CONSTs.
> * config/arm/arm.md (UNSPEC_PIC_BASE): Update documentation.
> (UNSPEC_GOTSYM_OFF): New unspec.
> (pic_add_dot_plus_four): Simplify the UNSPEC_PIC_BASE operands.
> (pic_add_dot_plus_eight): Likewise.
> (tls_load_dot_plus_eight): Likewise. Update peephole2.
> * config/arm/thumb2.md (pic_load_dot_plus_four): Simplify the
> UNSPEC_PIC_BASE operands.
> * config/arm/arm.c (arm_load_pic_register): Use UNSPEC_GOTSYM_OFF.
> (arm_output_addr_const_extra): Handle it.