This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [wwwdocs] Mention treatment of MIPS DSP Control Register
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Catherine Moore <clm at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 17:59:47 +0000
- Subject: Re: [wwwdocs] Mention treatment of MIPS DSP Control Register
- References: <490B20B4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Catherine Moore <email@example.com> writes:
> This mentions the new treatment of the MIPS DSP Control Register by the compiler.
> The corresponding patch was posted here:
> Does this look okay to install? Thanks,
> cvs diff: Diffing .
> Index: changes.html
> RCS file: /cvs/gcc/wwwdocs/htdocs/gcc-4.4/changes.html,v
> retrieving revision 1.38
> diff -r1.38 changes.html
> > <li>The SCOUNT and POS bits of the DSP control register are now
> > treated as global.</li>
The text looks good, but I think it would be clearer if we compare
this to previous releases. How about adding something like:
Previous versions of GCC treated these fields as call-clobbered
I gather from the line numbers that it's part of the MIPS section.
I think it should go in "Caveats" instead, in which case we should
say "MIPS DSP control register".