This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
PING Re: [PATCH, ARM] Atomic builtins using kernel helpers for Linux/EABI
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Julian Brown <julian at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, paul at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:48:03 +0000
- Subject: PING Re: [PATCH, ARM] Atomic builtins using kernel helpers for Linux/EABI
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Julian Brown wrote:
> This patch implements the atomic builtins described at:
> for ARM EABI Linux. This implementation uses the kernel helpers
> __kernel_cmpxchg and __kernel_dmb, and so should work on any
> architecture which supports those. (More-efficient versions are possible
> using ldrex/strex on architectures >=v6, but those are not written yet.)
> Atomic operations are provided for data sizes of 1, 2 and 4 bytes (but
> not 8 bytes). The implementation uses actual functions
> (__sync_fetch_and_add_2, etc.) rather than expanding code inline.
> Tested with cross to arm-none-linux-gnueabi, and with some additional
> hand-written tests which hopefully exercised the atomicity of the
> operations sufficiently.
> OK for mainline?
What happened to this?