This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [WWW] PR doc/34120 bugs/reghunt.html should be updated to mention svn
- From: "Manuel López-Ibáñez" <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- To: "Gerald Pfeifer" <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 01:39:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [WWW] PR doc/34120 bugs/reghunt.html should be updated to mention svn
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <alpine.LSU.email@example.com>
2008/10/20 Gerald Pfeifer <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
> Hi Manu,
> On Wed, 27 Aug 2008, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
>> svn.html and rsync.html are also modified to fix some inconsistencies
>> and prevent duplication.
> I have seen you commit the svn.html changes now now and noticed
> there are two further pieces.
> rsync.html is fine as well, with two suggestions:
> + rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-svn /usr/local/gcc-svn
> Have you considered using a different directory name for the local
> copy (as to avoid the impression that the name needs to match the
> one on gcc.gnu.org)?
I will use gcc-local-repo. The point is to reuse it later in the
example a few paragraphs below.
> +<h2><a name="rsync_svn">Using the local repository</h2>
> Let's just use ...name="svn"... here, that will make links of the
> form http://gcc.gnu.org/rsync.html#svn instead of .../rsync.html#rsync_svn.
OK. I am using an id in the latest version of the patch. There are not
many differences between them anyhow.