This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR c++/37004 Wconversion warns for short y = 0x7fff; short z = (short) x & y;
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:31:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: PR c++/37004 Wconversion warns for short y = 0x7fff; short z = (short) x & y;
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48B73A60.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> OK to commit?
OK, with a minor change. (No need for retesting.)
> + This is a helper function of common_type and
> + type_after_usual_arithmetic_conversions. Probably you want to use
> + one of those instead. */
Drop this paragraph. The first sentence is true now, but may not be in
future. The second sentence is not helpful; there's no way to know what
the future developer "probably" wants. Just say what the function does.
(650) 331-3385 x713