This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Vartracking: Remove assertion in vt_add_function_parameters
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:07:51 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Vartracking: Remove assertion in vt_add_function_parameters
- References: <20081017130001.GB26788@homer.boeblingen.de.ibm.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 03:00:01PM +0200, Andreas Krebbel wrote:
> bootstrap of mainline GCC currently fails on s390x due to the
> assertion in vt_add_function_parameters.
This is PR37815 and while your patch lets it go on compiling,
I'm not convinced it is right - we can't track the parameter (nor other
stuff shared in the stack slot) in var-tracking.c anymore.
I think either the PR37447 patch needs to be reverted, or we need to find
some way how to still record the original decl+offset in the shared
spill slot for var-tracking purposes. Richard?