This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Kill TREE_OVERFLOW during gimplification
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:39:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Kill TREE_OVERFLOW during gimplification
- References: <20081016122954.GE30239@tyan-ft48-01.lab.bos.redhat.com>
> As TREE_OVERFLOW happens to be an optimization
> barrier in many cases, this helps getting rid of missed optimizations.
> Still, any folding during gimple passes that doesn't go through gimplifier
> on the result may introduce again TREE_OVERFLOW constants, but this at least
> decreases their number. Bootstrapped/regtested on x86_64-linux, during
> make check this triggered 1355 times.
You can also try changing all the occurrences of
TREE_OVERFLOW (t) = 1;
in fold-const.c into
TREE_OVERFLOW (t) = in_gimple_form;
And as a reminder to myself, it's time for