This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] fix visibility problems for out-of-line prologues/epilogues
- From: Alan Modra <amodra at bigpond dot net dot au>
- To: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 14:43:19 +1030
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] fix visibility problems for out-of-line prologues/epilogues
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Oct 07, 2008 at 05:31:01PM -0400, David Edelsohn wrote:
> Alan, do you have any opinion about guarding the use of .hidden so that GCC
> can work with older versions of Binutils?
I wouldn't even try. Just add a note in doc/install.texi specifying
the minimum binutils version for targets affected by this change.
Incidentally, why do we still have crtsavres.asm? It looks like it should
have disappeared here:
2008-04-30 Nathan Froyd <email@example.com>
* config/rs6000/crtresgpr.asm, config/rs6000/crtresxgpr.asm,
config/rs6000/crtresxfpr.asm, config/rs6000/crtsavfpr.asm: Break out
* config/rs6000/crtsavres.asm: ...here. Remove unneeded file.
Australia Development Lab, IBM