This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, rs6000] fix visibility problems for out-of-line prologues/epilogues
- From: "Andrew Pinski" <pinskia at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, dje at watson dot ibm dot com
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 12:28:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, rs6000] fix visibility problems for out-of-line prologues/epilogues
- References: <20081007174516.GD5892@codesourcery.com>
On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Nathan Froyd <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> The patch below solves a problem related to the visibility of the
> out-of-line prologue/epilogue functions. These functions are called by
> the compiler at -Os; since they have non-standard calling conventions,
> they are placed into static libgcc.a. However, they have default
> visibility on ELF systems, which leads to the following failure mode:
> gcc -Os -c -o libcode.o libcode.c
> libcode.o now calls the out-of-line prologue/epilogue functions.
> gcc -Os -shared -o libcode.so.1 -Wl,-soname,libcode.so.1
Shouldn't libcode.o be compiled with -fPIC?