This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Bug middle-end/37448] patch to compute alloc-pool stats correctly
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: "Hubicha\, Jan" <jh at suse dot cz>, Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 09:52:39 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Bug middle-end/37448] patch to compute alloc-pool stats correctly
- References: <48DD5BBE.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <48EB8F6B.email@example.com>
Kenneth Zadeck <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I wonder if some of the types in alloc_pool_descriptor should be
>> size_t rather than int, though it's hard to imagine it making a
>> difference in real life.
> I noticed this too, it actually does make a difference in the printing
> of the values on the testcase since they overflow. However, I did not
> know how to modify the formats in the printfs to print the size_ts.
The simple way is to use "unsigned long" and "%lu".