This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFA: Fix pow (0, -INT)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 14:22:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: RFA: Fix pow (0, -INT)
- References: <20081002125847.GA27188@caradoc.them.org>
On Thu, 2 Oct 2008, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> The code I'm patching has been there since 2003 and the glibc
> test-double test fails without the patch (confirmed on x86_64 and ARM,
> various glibc versions and gcc versions). And people have updated the
> glibc ulps list in that interval, so clearly not everyone has been
> ignoring this test. So why has no one else noticed this problem?
> I feel like I'm missing something...
test-double is meant to be built with -fno-builtin, which is meant to stop
builtin function optimizations being applied, except for the __builtin_
versions, and pow doesn't have any inline expansions in glibc in terms of
__builtin_pow (which would be optimized even with -fno-builtin).
Joseph S. Myers